So you just got engaged… congratulations! You’re on your way to wedded bliss, but there are a lot of details to cover between now and your beautiful Okanagan Wedding. It may seem overwhelming at first because it feels like you have to do everything at once. However, there are some things that will take priority. Take a look at these top 5 things to do once you get engaged!
1. Shout It from the Rooftops– Well, maybe not, due to safety reasons, but letting everyone know is the very first thing you’ll want to do! While you may feel like shouting it from the rooftops, there are other fun ways to let your friends and family know. Try a personal phone call, funny e-card, video on Facebook or better yet, in person.
2. Plan an Engagement Party– An engagement party is a great way to gather friends and family together to celebrate this exciting time. An engagement party in the Okanagan Valley at Vance Creek Hotel & Conference Centre is a smart choice. The venue is fun, unique and can be as extravagant or as laid back as you like. The main goal should be just to gather together to celebrate this new chapter in your life.
3. Pick a Date– Whether you plan the wedding around your favorite time of year, after you finish another life accomplishment such as school or getting a new job, or when you feel you’ll be financially able to do so - picking the date will help get everything else in order. Don’t forget to reserve your venue as soon as your date is finalized; venue dates fill up quickly in the new year!
4. Set Your Budget– Having an idea of your budget limit will help you set the rest of your budget. Items will often vary in the price you set in your budget, so be willing to be flexible and move things around as needed to stick within your budget. If you have your wedding and/or reception at Vance Creek Hotel & Conference Centre, this is something we can help you with. We’ve hosted all sizes and types of weddings and are happy to extend our expert advice.
5. Find a Reception Site– The reception site can set the tone for your entire wedding, so it’s important to find a place that you love and fits your style. As a unique and beautiful Okanagan Wedding Venue, we would love to show you around the Chilcoot Ballroom and 1609 Restaurant & Lounge. Our outdoor ceremony locations: The Arbour on our hotel deck and The Gazebo will show you what makes our venue so unique (aside from the stunning mountain views). We would enjoy the opportunity to work with you to make your wedding day everything you’ve imagined!